UPDATE: A Duluth duplex was "heavily" damaged during what officials determined was an accidental electrical fire early Friday morning.
According to the Duluth Fire Department, crews responded to 3rd Ave. E. and E. 5th Street around 1:55 a.m. Firefighters say they were en route to another call at the time.
When they arrived, crews found heavy smoke coming from the roof of the two-story duplex.
All occupants were able to evacuate before firefighters arrived on the scene. No one was injured.
The American Red Cross is assisting two of the residents, while the other tenants are staying with family.
According to the fire department, the damage is estimated at $50,000.
Crews were on scene for about three hours.
246 South Lake Ave. Duluth, MN 55802
News Tips: 218-720-9666 or firstname.lastname@example.org