Five people treated for possible carbon monoxide in Eveleth - KBJR 6 Your Weather Authority: News, Weather & Sports

Five people treated for possible carbon monoxide in Eveleth

Posted: Updated:

Authorities say five people were treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a nursing home in northern Minnesota.


   The Eveleth Fire Department says a staff member reported suspected carbon monoxide at the Fitzgerald Nursing Home and Rehab on Sunday morning. Eveleth Fire Chief Scott Haas says it was likely due to the smell of exhaust in the building.


   Haas says two residents and three staffers were taken to a hospital as a precaution. The fire chief says there were no readings of carbon monoxide in the building.


The source of the carbon monoxide is believed to be a generator that wasn't venting properly. 

Powered by Frankly