A photographer who works with the Minnesota Twins accused third-baseman, and power hitter Miguel Sano of sexual assault back in 2015 at a team-related event.
Betsy Bissen came forward with her story on Thursday via Twitter. She voiced her story with a photo filled with a depicted of the allegations, click here to view.
Bissen claimed that she felt she could share her story due to the fact that her employer, Twins Daily, had been stripped of most of their access to the team.
"I have nothing to lose by telling my story," Bissen wrote in the tweet.
Bissen claimed the unwanted attention started while working closely with the team, and coaches including covering games, and team related events.
"It started off with the first base coach hitting on me almost every game I was at. I couldn't ignore this," she wrote.
She included allegations toward Sano when she covered an autograph signing, which was held at a store where she was a volunteer.
"During the signing, he [Sano] kept trying to flirt with me (I didn't reciprocate). After the signing was over, he decided that he wanted to go to the Apple store before he left the mall," she depicted.
She claimed that Sano grabbed her wrist to come along with him, his agent, and her employer.
Bissen then stated after spending a half-hour at the Apple store, it was time for Sano to leave. She then claimed before Sano got into his car, he said he needed to use the restroom.
"I asked my boss where it was and pointed to the door we just walked thru," she wrote.
"Apparently I was too close, and the athlete took that as a signal that I wanted him to grab me and try to take me back thru that door."
Bissen stated that Sano grabbed, and held onto her wrist tightly.
"I wasn't going to give up my fight though. He then leaned down and tried to kiss me, more than once," she wrote.
Bissen said she stated the words, "no." But she said Sano didn't listen to her words.
"No, he didn't rape me, but he sure did assault me. When I said no, it should have been the end of it. He should have respected that and stopped. Instead, he hurt me and kept going," she wrote.
Sano responded to the allegations with a statement of his own, and denied the allegations.
“I have the utmost respect for women, especially those working in professional sports," Sano said.
“I deeply sympathize with anyone who has experienced sexual harassment. There is no place for it in our society," he added.
As for his employers, the Minnesota Twins released a statement regarding the allegations.
The team said they will take the allegations "very seriously."
“Until more information is gathered, the Twins will have no further comment," the statement read.