Seven people hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure in Virg - KBJR 6 Your Weather Authority: News, Weather & Sports

Seven people hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure in Virginia

Posted: Updated:
VIRGINIA, MN -

At least 12 people were exposed to carbon monoxide Sunday morning at a Virginia residence. 

According to Fire Chief, Allen Lewis, The Virginia Fire Department was dispatched Sunday morning around 10:10 a.m. to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning in the 1200 block of 19th Street South in Virginia. 

Seven people from the residence were transported to a local hospital for treatment, with several airlifted to other medical facilities. 

Two Virginia firefighters, two Virginia police officers, and a St. Louis County Deputy Sheriff were also evaluated for possible C-O exposure. 

Ambulance crews from Virginia, Eveleth, and Biwabik were dispatched to the scene.

The Virginia Fire Department is continuing to investigate the source of the carbon monoxide poisoning.

Powered by Frankly