Snow won't be the only reason Duluth turns into a Christmas City Friday night.
The annual Christmas City of the North Parade is back once again.
Starting at 6:25 p.m., local marching bands, dance studios, and many other colorful floats will begin their march down Superior Street and into downtown Duluth.
Of course, the big finale is the big guy in red. Following with tradition, Santa helps close out this nearly six-decade-old event.
NBC: If you can't watch it live outside, you can watch the parade on KBJR 6 and on our website.
For those attending, free parking is being offered in Downtown Duluth after 5 p.m.
Here are the places with free parking:
· Fourth Avenue Auto Park-402 W. Michigan Street
· Duluth Transportation Center-228 W. Michigan Street
· US Bank Ramp-230 W. Michigan Street
· Civic Center Ramp-410 W. First Street
· Tech Village Ramp-10 E. First Street
· 1st and 1st Lot-- 123 E. First Street
· Medical District Ramp-302 E. First Street
· Fitger's---600 E. Superior Street
· Phoenix Parking Lot---98 N. 4th Ave West
· St. Luke's Hospital Ramp-1020 E. First Street
· St. Luke's Employee Parking Lot-119 N. 12th Ave East
Units will be staging on London Rd. and will start the procession at 10th Ave. East and Superior St.
The parade will follow Superior St. to 4th Ave. West.