Elisha Barno may be the coolest guy in town.
After getting into town at 5:00 p.m. Friday, Barno dominated the field in the 41st annual Grandma's Marathon to become the first-ever runner to win three straight titles.
"For me, I believe everything is possible when you train hard and you trust yourself," he said after the race. "I have done that three years now."
Barno ran with the lead pack throughout the race but broke away near mile marker 23, and by the finish he was ahead by more than a minute.
His time of 2:12:08 was more than three minutes off record pace, but it was enough to easily beat runner-up Geoffrey Bundi's time of 2:13:32.
So the question now is, will Barno be back in 2018 to try for four in a row?
"Oh yes, absolutely," he said, smiling.
Below are listed the top five finishers for the 2017 Grandma's Marathon.
2017 GRANDMA'S MARATHON
1. Elisha Barno (Santa Fe, NM) --- 2:12:08
2. Geoffrey Bundi (Tampa, FL) --- 2:13:32
3. Macdonard Ondara (Santa Fe, NM) --- 2:14:42
4. Christopher Kipyego (Zacatecas, Kenya) -- 2:15:14
5. Rodgers Gesabwa (Atlanta, GA) --- 2:15:43