It was Evans Kurui's first time running the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon, and he did it so fast he might have to come back to actually enjoy the course.
Kurui won the 2017 title with a time of 1:03:06 on Saturday morning, finishing nearly a half minute ahead of runner-up Weldon Kirui.
"The course was good. I like this race," he said. "This was my fastest time so I like it because it was my first time at Grandmas."
Below are listed the top five individuals from Saturday's 2017 Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
2017 GARRY BJORKLUND HALF MARATHON
1. Evans Kurui (Grand Prairie, TX) --- 1:03:06
2. Weldon Kirui (Bomet, Kenya) --- 1:03:35
3. Simion Chirchir (Chapel Hill, NC) --- 1:03:43
4. Panuel Mkungo (Elkton, MD) --- 1:03:45
5. Kevin Castille (Lafayette, LA) --- 1:03:58